The NAC and the Ministry of Health, Labor and Social Protection have set their priorities for collaboration on the prevention and combating of corruption deeds in the medical system.Synthesis of the week. The Criminal Asstes Recovery Agency applied for seizure of assets worth over 1, 2 million leiNAC and General Inspectorate of Border Police will strengthen their efforts in actions aimed at preventing corruption and identifying border corruption schemes
Home / Mass-media / Events / Fraudulent scheme: 260,000 lei illicitly acquired by decision makers of the State Enterprise for Forestry.
Fraudulent scheme: 260,000 lei illicitly acquired by decision makers of the State Enterprise for Forestry.26.06.2019 60 Views
The director, his deputy, and three other employees of the State Enterprise for Forestry were detained yesterday morning, suspected of passive corruption.
According to the criminal scheme, on the basis of an erroneous assessment, the employees of the enterprise deliberately organized the distortion of the information on the amount of wood present in the Forestry District.
As a result of the change of data, an uncontracted surplus wood is obtained, which was subsequently destroyed. The profit is distributed to 70% of the forestry sector and the other 30% to the enterprise administration.
Within the criminal investigation, under the control of the NAC, over RON 115,000 of the total over half a million lei, the minimum prejudice caused to the interests of the state, to be determined during the investigation, were transferred.
As a result of searches by the NAC officers, over 260,000 lei were found at the home, offices and cars of the suspects.
At present, the suspects are in the NAC isolator for 72 hours. Criminal proceedings have been initiated under the Article 324 (2) lit. c) of the Criminal Code - passive corruption.
If they are found guilty, they risk up to 10 years in prison, with a fine and deprivation of the civil service right.
The criminal case is under the Anticorruption prosecutor's Office.
Until a final judgment is given, any person is presumed to be innocent.