From high school – to the NAC detention center. 23 high school pupils from Costesti had a tour to the National Anticorruption Center.The NAC will be the part of the working group to prevent and combat corruption at the municipal level
Home / Mass-media / Events / NAC Declaration on actions carried out in some criminal cases of resonance
NAC Declaration on actions carried out in some criminal cases of resonance11.12.2019 1192 Views
In connection with the multiple addresses of the media institutions on some cases of the National Anticorruption Center in the framework of some search files, disposed by the Office of Anticorruption Prosecutor, which concerns the accused Vladimir Plahotniuc, the NAC comes with the following details:
1. In order to carry out investigations to establish the whereabouts of the accused Vladimir Plahotniuc, the specialized subdivision of the NAC started the search file 2019970029. On October 10, 2019, based on the prosecutor's order of the Office of Anticorruption Prosecutor, the person was put on the national wanted list.
2. On October 15, 2019, by letter no. 10907, the Anticorruption Prosecutor's Office sent to the NAC the court order no. 14-722 / 19 of 11.10.19 by which the preventive measure was applied as a preventive arrest on behalf of the accused. Respectively, on October 17, 2019, the request for announcement in international search for the purpose of arrest and extradition, according to letter 05 / 02-2428, was sent by e-mail to the International Police Cooperation Center, the same documents being transmitted by post.
3. Also, on October 17, 2019 the order of interstate search was sent to the MIA Information Technology Subdivision to announce the accused's interstate search.
4. Later, on October 18, 2019 by letter no. 34/10/-18896, IPCC informed the NAC that the request to announce the search on the Interpol channels to arrest and extradite the accused was sent to the address of the General Secretariat of the ICPO Interpol.
5. At the same time, on October 31, 2019, the NAC addressed a request to the General Anticorruption Directorate of the Romanian Ministry of Interior regarding the whereabouts of the accused in Iasi during October 25-28, 2019. On November 5, in the reply to the NAC, MIA informed that the request was redirected to the General Inspectorate of Romanian Police.
6. On December 4, 2019 to orient the competent authorities to identify the whereabouts of the accused, requests were sent to the Embassies of the United Kingdom and the United States of America in the Republic of Moldova.
7. In addition, on December 10, 2019, the NAC notified the Center for International Police Cooperation, the Embassies of Romania, the United States of America and the United Kingdom of Moldova about the fact that the accused still has an identity with valid documents, issued on behalf of Novak Vladislav.