The NAC study: ”the profile of offender in corruption cases” has shown a greater predisposition of men to commit corruption offences
Home / Mass-media / Events / Integrity lessons for prosecutors. The NAC held a training on the subject of Corruption Risk Management
Integrity lessons for prosecutors. The NAC held a training on the subject of Corruption Risk Management09.04.2021 54 Views
On April 8, the Anticorruption Education Directorate held a training for the chief prosecutors within the General Prosecutor's Office and the territorial prosecutor's offices and those specialized in the topic "Management of Corruption Risks."
The following topics have been addressed:
- organizing the process "Management of Corruption Risks," the responsibilities of the leader and operational managers in ensuring its qualitative development;
- the stages of the “Corruption Risk Management” process: identification, evaluation, management and treatment of the risks and factors that determine the occurrence of fraud and corruption risks in the activity of a public entity;
- tools for identifying risks and risk factors;
- analysis and evaluation of the resistance of the public entity to corruption, through the prism of the mechanisms of ensuring the institutional integrity, but also of other anticorruption measures, implemented by the public entity;
- elaboration of the Register of risks and of the measures of reaction to the identified risks and factors.
The training session aimed to develop the practical skills of managers in the prosecution system in identifying, assessing, managing and dealing with the risks of fraud and corruption and the factors that determine their occurrence in the activity of the entity.
The training of managers in the field of corruption risk management as well as ensuring the mentioned process within the public entity, is generated by the provisions of normative acts establishing the responsibility of the head of the public entity to ensure efficient management of fraud and corruption risks pursuant to the Law on Integrity no 82. / 2017, Law on public internal financial control no. 229/2010 and the National Standards of internal control in the public sector, approved by the Order of the Ministry of Finance no. 189/2015.
It should be noted that Fraud and Corruption Risk Management is a tool to prevent fraud and corruption and to ensure good governance in public entities, based on the principles of transparency, accountability, economy, efficiency, effectiveness, legality, fairness, ethics and integrity.